Decor wax is amazing for adding highlights to any project and for making those little details pop! They are smooth and creamy and glide on with ease. Here are a handful of tips if you are new to using Decor Wax.
- It is easy to apply Decor wax. You can use a brush, sponge, soft cloth, or your fingers.
- A little goes a long way so start with a small amount. You can always add more. If you use too much you can wipe off the excess with a rag.
- Decor wax should always be applied last on any furniture project. Wax is self-curing and permanent when dry and does not require a protective coat.
- Decor wax can be applied over Decor transfers but transfers should not be applied over wax.
- Decor wax is highly pigmented and really pop on a dark background, or try them on a light background for a more subtle effect.
- Perfect for adding colour and finishing touches to mixed-media and home décor projects.
- Works on most popular surfaces and elements giving the permanent, semi-gloss, water-resisting finish which doesn’t require sealers.
With so many different kinds of wax how do you choose the right one for your project?
Redesign Decor Wax Paste is always an easy go to. Amazing coverage in wide range of colors, leaving a beautify glossy finish, makes decor wax perfect for light or dark projects.
Finnabair Art Alchemy Antiquing Wax
Wax-based antiquing paste adds a beautiful, natural-looking stained and weathered look to your projects. Antiquing Wax gives you generous color which can be thinned down by adding Art Alchemy Clear Wax to get more transparency! It works the best on light colored surfaces to create an aged and weathered look.
Finnabair Art Alchemy Matte Wax
Art Alchemy Matte Waxes have a unique matte, opaque finish. Perfect for adding color without the shine of other waxes.
Art Alchemy Matte Wax Rusty Brown – 967888
Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique Wax
Beautiful, metallic, wax-based paste which will turn your artwork into a real treasure while adding an amazing, rich, metal-like finish to most surfaces and elements. Metallique Wax leave a shiny iridescent finish and really pop on dark surfaces.
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax Vintage Gold #963958
Finnabair Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance
Unique, gorgeous, wax-based paste with a difference; offering you two wonderful effects in one product! Antique Brilliance Wax has a special opaque, yet permanent finish. It will give you generous color and shiny results on dark surfaces and antiqued, vintage effects, with a touch of iridescence on lighter backgrounds, turning your artwork into a real treasure.
Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance Amethyst Magic #964320
Finnabair Art Alchemy Opal Magic
Marvelous wax-based paste offering you two great effects in one product! Opal Magic Wax has a special opaque, yet permanent finish. It will give you color-filled, shiny results on dark surfaces; and delicate, pearled iridescence effects on lighter backgrounds. Both will turn your artwork into a real treasure!
Opal Magic Wax-Blue Velvet #964269
Opal Magic Wax-Turquoise Satin #964276