Using stencils is an easy way to add amazing details to furniture. There are so many different ways to use stencils that even using the same design can create multiple looks.
First, you need to know how to stencil.
- Choose your design. With dozens of designs to choose from, Redesign is sure to have the Stencil you need!
- Secure your stencil. You can use an adhesive spray or painter’s tape. An adhesive spray will keep your design crip; especially if you are using something like paint or liquid acrylic. Painters tape is also a great option and works well with light layers of spray paint or when the medium is thick and won’t bleed like fiber paste. Redesign Stick n Style stencils come in a roll with adhesive on one side. Simply cut to size and press down. No spray or tape to worry about!
- Using a tool like a paintbrush, sponge brush, roller, or spread pal, spread your medium of choice over the stencils. Resist the urge to load up your brush with paint and spread on a thick layer. It will only lead to bleeding and uneven coverage. Several thin layers work best.
- After applying your last layer of paint, carefully lift up your stencil and admire your new design.
- Don’t forget to wash your stencil right away.
Floral Net #967925 and Gothic #967932
Where can you stencil? Almost any surface you can get paint onto. Just to name a few try stenciling on…
- and so many more!
A custom floor made using Modern Deco #654399 and Midcentury Vibes #656638